Monday, August 29, 2011

Football anyone?

BLASPHEMY?  No doubt some will think so.

I just can’t get too excited about pro football.  Actually, I eschew ALL pro sports.  Grown up men playing little boy games.  And “grown up” men (and women) watching and getting all hot and bothered about them.  Wow.   I just don’t get it.  The thing is, I don’t believe the outcome of the games is left in the hands of the players.  I find it impossible to believe that with all the money involved in betting, graft, scams, corruption, payoffs, etc. that is controlled by the managers, owners, and bookies that they would put 22 Neanderthals hyped up on steroids and other drugs out on a field, give them a football and let them bash each other into oblivion without some control over the final outcome.   So, let’s see if I have this right---they’re going to let these 22 troglodytes with a collective I.Q. of maybe 150 and not one of them with more than a 15-word vocabulary at the most, (and that’s if you count motherfucker as 2 words) –they’re going to turn that group loose and let them be the deciding factor in who wins and who loses a football game?  I don’t think so. Waaaay too much money involved!   Just ain’t gonna’ happen.  I know I’ll get a lot of flack about this.  But, if anyone with half a brain thought about it for half a second or two, they’d have to agree. 

4 comments:

  1. This is a test comment. People are saying they can't find the comment box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. motherfucker is not two words. also, men invented the electricity, and trains, and we like to watch football. what's for my dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, if you are smart enough to invent a train you can surely figure out where stuff is.. in that room where you keep the stove and refrigerator. Any monkey could do it.

    ReplyDelete