Saturday, October 1, 2011

THROWING GRANDMA UNDER THE BUS

All the media wonks are always talking about politicians “trying to scare Grandma” or “throwing Grandma under the bus”.  Sometimes they accuse them of “dropping a dime on Grandma”.  What the hell ever happened to Grandpa?  Why is Grandma the only one being discriminated against?  Is it because Grandma is the only one smart enough to figure out she’s getting fucked over by Obamacare and Big Government?  Surely Grandpa is getting fucked over, too.  Is he not smart enough to grasp the concept?   Or is it more fun to depict old ladies as pathetic symbols of older Americans?  I am the embodiment of the Grandma who is being scared and is being thrown under the bus.  I am 76 years old and I am definitely scared.  My retirement fund has dwindled to almost nothing under the Obama administration.  I haven’t had a “cost of living” increase in my Social Security for 3 years now.  Not that the increase ever amounted to anything.  Usually $7.00 or $8.00 after adjustments for Medicare, etc.  And all the while, gasoline costs more, groceries cost more, utilities cost more, and my monthly income is approximately $800 less that it was 3 years ago.  You bet I’m scared.  I think the “dime” has already dropped on Grandma and I am powerless to do anything about it.  Too old to work, too old to become a hooker, can’t stand the thought of having to put up with some toothless “Grandpa” to supplement my income.  What’s a Grandma to do?  I wish I knew.

1 comment:

  1. Now that's some funny, and unfortunately, true prose. Keep contributing your thoughts. Wonderful. Peace and God Bless....

    ReplyDelete